RRIF Program Financial Advisor - various
PFAL has been appointed to the pool of financial advisors to the US Department of Transportation’s RRIF financing program.
The Railroad Rehabilitation and Improvement Financing (RRIF) Program provides direct federal loans and loan guarantees to finance the development of railroad infrastructure. The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) will give priority to projects that provide public benefits, including benefits to public safety, the environment and economic development. In providing financial assistance through RRIF, FRA must fulfill its obligations under the National Environmental Policy Act and related laws, regulations, and orders.
Eligible applicants include:
• State and local governments
• Government-sponsored authorities and corporations
• Joint ventures that include at least one railroad
• Limited option freight shippers who intend to construct a new rail connection
RRIF credit assistance is available to:
• Acquire, improve or rehabilitate intermodal or rail equipment or facilities, including track, track components, bridges, yards, buildings and shops
• Refinance outstanding debt incurred for the purposes listed above
• Develop or establish new intermodal or railroad facilities
- Type: infrastructure ppp
- Year Completed: ongoing
- contract duration: 2014-2019
- Transaction Size: various